Friday, January 4, 2013

Crack the QR Codes and Months Of The Year Activity

Using QR Codes with Kindergartners.... Crazy?  Nope!
I wanted to do something special with our new ipads that didn't involve a game app.  I've seen QR Code lessons and thought, "Hummm, can I do that with Kindergarten?" 
The new year is upon us and of course learning the months of the year, practicing handwriting, and putting items in sequential order are skills we are always working on improving. 

Tips:  Just so you know,  I took small groups of 2 to 3 and we  practiced just scanning the QR codes .  That was enough of a workout for one day. They did a good job but it is definitely a skill that needs to be learned first. 
Then, the next day I did small groups again to start the activity. Well, yikes.  We had to stop.  It was just too hard so I went back and made the K1-K3 pages and tried it again.  TahDah! It worked much better.  We've only done one page so far but they are excited to do the second page.  After we are done we will do the cut and paste portion together as a group.   
So here you go.  I hope it works as great for you as it did for us.  Let me know how it went. 




Crack The QR Codes and Months Of The Year Activity
As a reward I'm thinking of makeing a QR Code bracelet so they can collect the QR Codes to all the activities they completed.  Then as we do more code activities they can add it to their bracelet.  Still thinking about how to do this but be sure to follow my blog so you can get all the latest and greatest on these fun activities.