Friday, November 30, 2012

Leibster Award

Leibster Award


Thanks to Katie over at A Basket Full of Apples for the nomination. 
The Liebster Award is given by bloggers to up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers. It’s to show that new bloggers are appreciated and help spread the word about our little pieces of cyberspace.

Here are the rules:
1. You must post 11 random things about yourself.
2. Answer the questions that the nominator set for you.
3. Create 11 questions for the people you nominate.
4. Choose 11 other blogs with fewer than 200 followers to nominate and link them in your post.
5. You cannot “tag back” the other blog, but leave a comment on this post with the URL of your Liebster post so I can learn more about you & see who you nominate.
11 Random things about Angie K from Making The Basics Fun


1.  I like love chocolate.

2.  I've taught every grade K-8 except for 2nd.
3.  I love to cook but hate to do dishes.
4.  I love techy stuff but am horribly stupid when it comes to figuring it all out.
5.  I hate shopping and love being outside.
6.  I just got my passport and hope to be using it soon.
7.  I'd like to learn how to water ski.
8.  I love snowmobiling.
9.  I have a great family.  Yah, I know, so do you.  Aren't we blessed?
10. I'm hopping for an ipad of my very own for Christmas... then I wouldn't have to share with everyone else in my family.
11. The only TV I watch are cooking shows.  Yummy. 


So here are my questions from Katie: 
1. What is your favorite place to travel to?
Walmart.  Oh, I am so kidding.  Anywhere I've never been.  I love going to new places
2. What is your favorite thing to do when you are not at school?
Be with my children. 
3. What is your favorite blog to follow?
What About Second Breakfast for personal stuff and  for school stuff I'm diggin' Technology Tailgate . 
4. What is your favorite thing to do with your class?
Discover new things.  Like when we made Mento and Coke Rockets this Fall.  So fun.
5. What is your favorite Christmas song?
Oh, Holly Night..... It says it all for me.
6. What is your advice for a new teacher?
Observe and pick the brain of those "Super Star" teachers around you.  They will help you through anything and make it a great experience.  And.... stay positive.
7. What is your favorite site to get cute clipart?
8. What is your favorite children's book?
Ohhhhh,  hard one..... Either Donna O'Neeshuck Was Chased by Some Cows   or Zoomer by Ned Young  or anything by Robert Munsch
9. What is your favorite grown up book?
The Red Tent
10. What is your favorite food treat?
Mexican, or Mexican or Mexican... extra melty cheese please. 
11. What is your best accomplishment?
Personal:  My family relationships
Professional:  Distinguished Educator Award 2011, (Given to me by a former student, making it all the more wonderful)
 
Blogs I am nominating (Very cool blogs everyone!!):
 
Here are MY Questions for All of YOU:
1.  Who was your favorite teacher growing up?
2.  If you could trade places with one person for a day who would it be?
3. What is your favorite condiment?
4.  If you could yell anything from the mountain top what would it be?
5. Share one of your blogging goals for the new year.
6.  What is a favorite educational app, youtube video or web resource?
7.  Salt or sugar?  What do you crave?
8.  Favorite Holiday Tradition?
9.  Camp, Cruise or Roadtrip?  What kind of vacation would you pick?
10. What is your favorite classroom tool?
11.  Who would you like to say "Thank You" to?
 
Happy Blogging!!