Sunday, October 7, 2012

Favorite Instructional Videos

Youtube.  Such a great place to find engaging content.  But be careful.  Don't go searching for stuff on the spur of the moment, show it, and then find out that, "Yikers" that was not what I thought I was going to show.  I don't even take the chance with the advertisements or surrounding content. 
Tip:  Find the video(make your own account to store it), load it, enlarge it and then play it. 
Top 5 Instructional YouTube Videos:
Vowel Bat - Harry Kindergarten.  So cute.  I'll post later to tell all the activities we do around this video.
Numbers in Their Teens - Harry Kindergarten.  Within the first few weeks all of the students are writing their teen numbers correctly.  (Do I hear bands of angels singing?  Indeed!!)
Days of the Week Rap Back- Jack Hartmann.  This guy knows how to get a kid's attention.  What a refreshing Days Of The Week song. 
Over the Hump and Jump- (Counting transition numbers like 19-20).  Harry Kindergarten.  Ummm... Can I get enough Harry Kindergarten... No Way!! Love this  song.  What a fun way to get up and get moving.  We hate sitting and this does the trick. 
I Can Count To 100 A counting song by Mark D. Pencil.  Another Harry Kindergarten Special.  I have to admit, I do this one near the end of the day or if we need some energy.  For some reason it puts me on edge a bit but they capital LOVE, love it.  Plus, what a great way for those who need to practice counting to get their practice in while all the others that do count to 100 enjoy this song.
Bonus #6
Ugg.  That's 5.  But I have one more for you. 
Super "e"!!!!!!!!  Harry Kindergarten.  This is so fun.  I'll post all the activities we do with this song as well.  What a great way to introduce the silent "e" concept.